Friday, February 20, 2009

"Going to school to get some knowledge" - Marlin

Here is a new thing I am doing. I have been trying to become more active in the community, meeting the neighbors, keeping an eye on things, etc. The City of Deer Park offers a Citizens Police Academy once a year for free for citizens who just want to learn more about policing and the department. Last night was the first night...it was a lot of fun. Got to meet the police chief, who has only been on the job for a few months. Our previous police cheif passed away suddenly last year. Also got to meet another officer who did a presentation and got to tour the police station, including the jail (holding facility). It was all very interesting! I would look into it for your community.


I didnt get any pictures, but here is a picture of our police station, which is only 4 years old, very nice facility!


0 I dont hate comments!: