Monday, December 1, 2008

Hello to all. I have not been posting much lately, as you can see. I havent been taking too many pictures. I know! Thats crazy you say! Me? Not take pictures? Well, I just havent been in the picture mood and my little lens is in the crapper, again, for the third time since I purchased it. I am sure the warranty has expired by now, so I need to buy a new one. That leaves me with my long lens, which doesnt take pics close up...sigh...so there ya go. I am hoping to have a little money left over after Christmas and my bonus to possibly get a new little lens.

Thanksgiving was good, we had the family over at our house. My mom and my mom in law brought so much food, I really appreciate it!! I only cooked the turkey and some green bean casserole! I felt bad!! But the turkey turned out really good....Kaelen was a big help, he helped inject it and baste it.

I didnt do too bad on my diet. I have lost 8 pounds since my doctors visit, and didnt gain any over Thanksgiving, so I am pretty happy.

We got some family time this weekend, Poppa T and I took the boys to see Bolt, it was cute, but I would have much preferred to see Twilight again Madagascar 2. Later that night, Chris taught Kaelen and I how to play Poker, we played with pennies, it was fun!

We did not venture to 1 store this whole weekend, which is the way I like it. The savings are not worth it to me, nor is the possibility of getting trampled or shot. Headlines like that make me soooo mad. Is a friggin cheap laptop or TV really worth it? I mean come on people. Unfortunately, this is what our society has become. Possessions seem to be more important and life or the feelings of other people. What is the true meaning of the season again? It seems most of us have forgotten.

All in all, it was a pretty good holiday. I must admit, I am not looking forward to the chaos soon to come in the next few weeks, especially since I have not purchased one gift. Sigh...such is life.

I should have pics in my next post, but in the meantime, here is a sneak peek for the grandparents of some pics to come, taken by the best photographer ever.




2 I dont hate comments!:

Unknown said...

totally agree.. best photog ever.. LOL
that is funny!

Anonymous said...

Love the Xmas tree background :)

If you had a Nikon...you could borrow my lenses :p