Friday, January 15, 2010

I really dont watch late night TV, so I really dont care

Reading a friend of mine's (Lisa's) blog reminded me of something that happened a few weeks ago.

I have a subscription to the Chronicle for the Sunday paper and the Sunday paper alone. I never read it any other day of the week.

My favorite thing to do on Sunday is get the paper, make me some coffee and read the sales ads all by myself. (This only happens if I by chance get up before anyone else does, which is rare)

One Sunday morning not long ago, I went out to get my paper and there was another paper type looking thing in the driveway. I picked it up as well. It had a single white paper in it and some marbles to keep it from blowing away.

When I opened it, it was a flyer from the Ku Klux Klan, some organization out of Cleveland, Texas. I was shocked. I had never seen them actually pass out information to people. A full page of why the country was going into the pooper because of desegregation, separation of Church and State and a bunch of other things not worthy of being repeated.

It was just very shocking to see such things out there so blatantly. I thought of many of my neighbors who are not white and how they reacted. Has anything like this happened to you?

Which leads me to post this link for a site out there just for us whiteys:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/

2 I dont hate comments!:

Karen said...

*GASP*

*Lisa* said...

That is crazy! and very sad. My didn't receive one and she only lives two door down. I wonder if they are organized enough to actually profile the neighborhood. It's hard to teach children tolerance when they are surrounded by so much ignorance.