Thursday, January 1, 2009

Party Pooper

I guess this is what happens when you get old. We had no desire to go anywhere on New Years Eve. Wanted to stay home, watch movies and be asleep by 10. I didnt work out that way.

Kaelen and I ran to Wal-Mart to get a few things, I needed to spend 11 more dollars on my Flex plan, so I bought some medicines I know we need at any given moment.

I could already hear the neighbors starting to pop firecrackers when I got home, so I wasnt too happy about that.

I rented a few movies and quickly proceeded to park myself on my bed and watch a chic flick I got specifically for myself...

Then they started with the fireworks again, this time quite a few...so, being the cranky old lady I am...I called the police, as firecrackers are PROHIBITED in our city limits. I was pretty peeved...

So I was able to watch my movie..and 10 came and went...it was about 1145 when the movie was done so we opened the bottle of champagne and drink it right at midnight, then I went to bed....then I heard the firecrackers again so I yelled at the neighbors out our window.

We have a history with these neighbors, they are frequently ticking us off...

So then I could go to sleep....I really wanted to be in bed early...but at least I wasnt out at a party drinking way too much....


New Years Day involved me cleaning like a mad woman...I cleaned a closet, every junk drawer...got all of the christmas stuff put up, dusted, cleaned out the TV armoire....got rid of a ton of stuff, it was great!! I hope I can continue tomorrow as I have quite a bit more to do.

Hope you all had a great New Year! Lets hope our new president doesnt make this a worse year than 2008!!!

2 I dont hate comments!:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome to come over here tomorrow to help me! Your neighbor needs to tick you off more often - seems to get you motivated ;)

Unknown said...

my house needs cleaning.. can i be next in line??